Monday, April 19, 2010

A day in the life

It's 4:55, and I just finished one of the busiest days that our Sugarhouse center has had in a long time. What does a busy day constitute for a center manager? The answer is that no day is the same, but the list includes giving tours to prospective clients, booking and managing conference room reservations, cleaning offices and moving furniture, doing projects for our clients, setting up phone and internet connections, talking to clients about any concerns they may have, and planning client events.

What do all of these things have in common? They all involve serving either prospective or current clients in some capacity. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it is really astounding to look back at my schedule and realize just how much of my job involves customer service.

That is exactly what I appreciate about Davinci: our top priority at our centers is our clients. I never realized how elementary and yet how important this was, but as I spend more time here I realize how special this is in a business. For us, client service is not simply a concept in the employee training manual or a played-out cliche on the website, it is our central focus. Having worked in such an environment, I am more inclined to notice when customer service is lacking, and therefore more appreciative of our unique approach to client appreciation.

For me, the secret has been to build relationships with our clients from the onset. I do my best to learn as much as I can about them, and to always be receptive to conversation even if I am busy at the moment. Our clients become our friends, and who doesn't want to be there for a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment